Meet Kent Lilly
Kent Lilly was born and raised in Lake Wales, Florida. He graduated from University of Florida with a degree in Accounting and then from law school at Florida State University. He then returned to Polk County where he has practiced law since 1977 in the area of Personal Injury/Wrongful Death law. Mr. Lilly is an AV Rated lawyer, the highest rating established by Martindale Hubbell, the agency which provides attorneys’ ratings throughout the United States. He is board certified by The Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This distinction is held by less than two percent (2%) of lawyers within the state of Florida. Mr. Lilly is also Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA), a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Florida SuperLawyers and President-elect of The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Tampa Bay Chapter.
Mr. Lilly has been very active in various Bar Associations, including the 10th Circuit Bar Association, Lakeland Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Florida Justice Association and American Bar Association. He has been especially involved in the Florida Bar Association, serving as a member of:
- The Board of Governors
- Florida Bench-Bar Commission
- Continuing Legal Education Committee (Advanced Trial Advocacy and Personal Injury Seminar Instructor)
- Executive Council of the Trial Lawyers Section
In addition, he has served as President of the following organizations:
- 10th Circuit Bench -Bar Committee
- 10th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (Co-Chair)
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association (3 terms)
- Willson American Inn of Court
- Lake Wales Area Chamber of Commerce
- Lakeland Bar Association
Kent Lilly lives in Lakeland, Florida with his wife, Cindy, and their two boys, Justice and Lawton. He is a member of the First United Methodist Church and local civic organizations.